Friday, August 08, 2008

Taking a well-deserved fall

Just because I'm a libertarian-conservative Republican doesn't mean I have hatred to liberal Democrats. I've got friends up and down the political spectrum. If someone can make a well-argued point from another perspective, I can listen to it, perhaps even change my mind on something.

Naturally, I disagree with the Democratic candidates of almost any position they're running for. Contrary to what some folks thought of me, I don't "hate" Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, or Bill Richardson. Actually, if the Democrats were truly interested in putting their best foot forward, they should have gone with Bill Richardson. (The Republicans should have gone with Duncan Hunter.)

I just don't want them in power.I don't hate them.

Except one.

John Edwards.

He's always disgusted me. Actually, I respect him on a few points. He was born a poor boy and worked hard in his chosen field, and became rich. More power to him.

But he got rich using bad science and suing doctors involved in dangerous, delicate work. Edwards and the vultures like him have made health care ungodly expensive and time consuming. Love your high insurance premiums? Thank John Edwards. Have trouble finding an OB doctor. Thank you-know-who.

So now I'm salivating over his (permenant, I hope) political demise. I hope he now stays at home, repairing the damage he's done to his stricken wife, as if suffering from terminal cancer is not enough for someone.

Remember the Hollywood nitwits who swore they'd leave America if Bush got reelected. If Edwards became president, I would flee this country. So far, New Zealand was at the top of my list, though England, Ireland, Italy, and Finland weren't too far behind. Thankfully, I don't think I'll need that option any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home